Thursday, September 12, 2013

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2011

The Tale of the Purple Luggage

Okay, I've always known that retail prices were outrageously inflated, but when I did the math and research on this…well, I just have to share!
So, BreaLynn found this set of Ricardo luggage she loves, Purple, at Kohl’s.
The whole set was reg. priced at $716. Out of the question. Period!

But… they are going on 50% off sale today, and thanks to a friend, we also have an additional 30% off coupon which would bring them to the incredible low price of just $262!
Wait, it gets even better! Plus…. Kohl’s has their $10. Kohl’s cash give back for every $50. you spend.

Making the final price $212! A steal of a deal!  Right?

THEN…I went on-line yesterday and found last year’s model of the same brand & same color (that side by side, BreaLynn likes even better) for a total of $143. Including tax! With FREE shipping! (with 5!!!!! instead of 4 pieces) And imagine, they STILL make a profit!

Some of you may be saying, “Well, duh Torie Sue!” Well, go ahead say it, but if this enlightens even one of my dear fellow shoppers, then I say “Yeah”!

P.S. Now, please don’t email or leave comments to say that I paid too much and burst the bubble I am floating in!