Thursday, September 12, 2013

One of lifes greatest blessings!

Andrew & Byran were born 16 years ago today. Andrew will be quick to tell you that he was born 45 seconds before Bryan making him the oldest.

Finding out we were expecting twins was about the most amazing, humbling experiences I ever experienced.  I was well into my 4th month of pregnancy before going to the Dr. I knew I was pregnant, but we had been in the middle of our first move to Ohio. We were busy trying to get our first, very own house fixed up before Jon would have to start classes. I was done with morning sickness and was feeling fabulous and figured there was no hurry.

The OB clinic was connected to the medical school, and my first appointment & ultrasound were scheduled so that Jon could go right on to class & I pick him up after school.

While in the office I recall us talking over baby expenses and  I, confidently, reassuring Jon that we had everything we could possibly need and that we would be fine. But then as we watched the screen together with  the Doc the most amazing thing happened! As he turned away to record measurements on his writing pad, an identical bubble (skull) floated up and aligned itself with our baby's skull.

"UUUUmmmm......wwwhhhhaaattt'ssss that?" Jon & I both stammered while pointing at the screen. The Dr. turned, leaned in for a closer look, got up and left the room without a word.

Hearts racing, hands clinched, giggles erupting...."Could it really be?"  The door opened and two doctors entered the room and went straight to the Ultrasound machine...then the second turned and said, "Well, congratulations, congratulations!"

As Jon walked me to the car I was trying to assure us both,  "we'll just need one more of everything... It will be okay." We were both in a joyous shock of what felt like a blessing too large to grasp. As Jon turned to go to his first day of class I said, "Hey, you forgot something." He turned to give me a kiss, to which I laughed and said, "No, This" & held out his bookbag he about went to class without. We walked around a few days in this comical stupor.

Being pregnant with them, like our others was not without challenges, but I'd go back and do it all over again.
Andrew & Bryan- you are by far among the greatest blessings in my life and I love you both so very much!
-mom

Hoping this year is the best ever.
We love you very much!