Thursday, September 12, 2013

What's for Supper?

My everyday routine consists of teaching Seminary, getting kids off, cleaning house, doing laundry,
fixing dinner, preparing the next days Seminary lesson. Simple enough. There is of course the running errands. Dr. appts, VTing or temple visits & lunches with friends. The crafts, projects, and blogging...
I love my life!
The part I love the best is when everyone comes home in the afternoon and  all seems to kick into light speed motion. For as much as I longed for the quiet days when all would be in School, truth be known, I miss them all terribly when the house is so quiet.

I love when everyone comes home in the afternoon, they head straight for the kitchen for snacks, then typically Bryan will be on his bed studying, Daniel at the upstairs computer desk, Andrew at the dining room table, Aubrey at the breakfast table while BreaLynn is always at the piano with a student.

The kitchen is where, more often than not, I will be found. I LOVE TO COOK! What I love most is having my family gather at 6 around the table.  I've never known how to cook for small numbers. Even when it was just Jon & I, there would be enough for a small army. I still cook that same way but as of late, it hardly seems to be enough.  I LOVE to try new things & to have them scrape the pot clean! So much for left overs for Jon's lunches.

Andrew had to eat early one evening last week to get to his volleyball practice. As he sat and took his first bite, his eyes rolling back,  he asks in all seriousness, "Mom, how will I ever be able to leave home?" 
There is nothing that warms my heart quite like preparing food for a family that truly appreciate it.
So today...I'll start with this.

 And add in lots of this...

A Hearty Potato Leek Soup Recipe for the Last Days of Winter
* almond milk, non dairy butter, gluten wheat free broth, msg free bacon.