Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today is a rainy day...

And when it rains it pours!

Today has been just "one of those days"!  I woke with a raging headache for the second day in a row. It was not until today that I realized what was causing the crushing feeling. The barometric pressure.  No amount of Motrin or Tylenol will take these headaches away. Grrr...

At nine I picked up "Grandma" Sara to take her to her Doctor for a special medical procedure she needed done. After getting her checked in and situated I told the nurse to please call me when she began to wake and that I would be just a few blocks away running some errands. She assured me it would take no more than an hour and a half. I arrured her I would be right back.

First stop was Sam's. Party supplies gathered, paid for and loaded. I was soaked. Head throbbing. No call from nurse. I keep checking phone. Perhaps enough time for the Party Store for Balloons, candles, and a cupcake stand. Pouring rain, lots of lunch time traffic. Phone rings, not nurse. Anna wants me to know Julia has Strep and not coming to party. Still on phone, I park, get out of car with wallet.....CRAP! ....the keys are in the car...Pouring rain! Run for shelter, hang up on Anna.

Nurse is going to call any minute I just know it...it's been almost 2 hours!  I call Jon...(true test of his love...)"Honey, the keys are locked in car... Sara in procedure, nurse will call any minute... I have to be there...." You get the picture. Jon says, I'll be right there...Jon races home gets keys, races back to me.... we kiss. I dry my eyes and tell him how much I love him. I run through rain unlock car & jump in at hour 3..the phone rings..It's the nurse, she is apologizing that it took much longer than they expected...I take a slow breathe & smile... "No problem...be right there!"

Have you you ever just had..."one of those days"?